Sunday 25 August 2013

Why Online Shopping?

            In the world today with approximately over 7 billion population, Google has over 1 billion active accounts and gets over 2 million searches per minute (wow!!!); Facebook has over 500 million accounts; Twitter also has over 500 million accounts; Yahoo over 275 million active users today and there are still many more giants out there but the point is; 1 out of every 5 people in the world today is connected via internet. And if you are reading this, I am sure you use either Facebook or Twitter or maybe even Google+.

Can't wait to get hold of this Skull Rivet Hobo bag i ordered on Amazon 
            We live in a world of Social Networking today and very likely this trend will survive the century. No doubt, everyone is doing social network Viral Marketing today, promoting/selling something or the other. It’s a virtual jack-pot there. Now, let’s go shop online, shall we?

Convenience and Variety: Have you ever gone out shopping with tired or hungry kids? “I want to go home, or Mum can I have…can I have…can I have”. Yeah, that’s boring. Or have you ever faced a situation where you have no place to spend your time because you couldn’t find a parking space? Or, you’re in a hurry because the shopping mall closes at 9 pm? Or even maybe, there is too much rush at the store because of some off season sale and you can barely stand or find what you like. Yes, I guess we all have faced that situation. That’s where online shopping comes into the picture minus the problems mentioned above. You can shop online while the kids are sleeping or at school and they are open 24x7 in the convenience of your home. Or, maybe you can also invite a friend over and do some window shopping. Just a few search and clicks and you have a thousand retailers offering thousands of products. Compare products, shop and get it delivered at your doorsteps. Now that’s convenience.

Compulsive or Impulsive Buying: This has happened to me. I went to the store and came out buying something I actually didn’t want or need it because of the compulsive pleasant upselling skills of the shop keepers. And at times, I went in the store and ended up buying something I actually didn’t even need it because at the time when I was going through all the stacks I didn’t realize what I really needed. I just bought it because I thought I liked it; and unfortunately I had to spend some few days near the months end, broke or borrowing from friends and family. This can be avoided when shopping online.


Okay, the pictures are stolen from Amazon. I haven't got mine yet
Send Gifts and Reward Points: Ok, I admit; this is the one best thing I like about shopping online. Who doesn’t want their birthday to be “special” or to surprise someone on a particular occasion with a gift? Keeping this in mind nowadays every major online shopping giant have come up with a “Send Gift” features. So you can send a surprise gift to that someone special on their special day from the store where you usually shop and vice versa. That’s innovative and I am liking it so very much (Smiley!!! Smiley!!!). And now do I need to even mention about reward points... I guess “No”.

Cheaper Price and Worldwide: Let me explain it this way, to run a computer for an hour is a lot cheaper than to run a car (Customer point of view) or a physical shop (Sellers point of view). In online shopping, the product comes to us directly from the seller or store without a middleman involved. So, the cost to the seller is less and thus we get much cheaper and better deals online. We all need cheaper and better deals for sure and that’s the reason why we look out for sales at stores; but now, we can have it all throughout the year. Another thing I like about online shopping is, it doesn’t limit me within my physical boundaries. I can shop from virtually anywhere and everywhere with some few clicks and search. I can also read the reviews about the products and also read people’s recommendations and experiences with the store or the product. Wow!!! I think that’s clean.

Discreet Purchases: That awkward moment when I walk into a store to purchase an innerwear and the shop keeper turns out to be a very attractive and gorgeous young lady (Yes I am a man). Well, not a very serious problem but for sure it does leave us into some embarrassing situations, right? Now you got me.  Some things are always better done in privacy. For example, like buying a sexy lingerie, sex toys (Sorry, I have to mention it) and so on. Now you can avoid that embarrassment with online shopping.

            Well, that’s much about it, but before I go offline, just some quick notes before you go out there and shop online, to avoid any unwanted situations or privacy theft which is very common nowadays. Always check:

1.      Does the online store (from where you are about to shop) value your privacy and confidentiality? Is their Privacy Policy available for you to read it if you want to see it?
2.      How long have they been online or in the business? Are they reputed in the business? (Always read other shoppers review and do your own research before you plunge).
3.      Does the online store you are dealing with have a way to contact them, like a customer service number, address etc.?
4.      In case of unsatisfactory service, check if they have a refund or exchange policy.
5.      And always check for any shipping or hidden charges.

Happy Shopping :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely written and informative. I like the way you put it down in a very interesting and funny way. And can't wait to see when you get your order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, really appreciated it and glad you find it interesting. And yes, i can't even wait...eyay!!! :)

      Delete